Friday, December 17, 2010

Break!!! and contest

Yay! The last day of school before break has finally come.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So...at MVAD, the dollies had a Christmas party. Thistle will be posting on that over at Us Dolls...cool.

CHRISTMAS IS IN 7 DAYS!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it...it's so close...my stocking is hung and everything! Our tree is up, but my mom put up most of the ornaments, so my mom surprised me and got a new tree to put in my room! I'll take pictures of the dollies in front of the tree. Exciting!

Also...

CONTEST INFO!!!!

I feel bad. Why? Because I don't think I'm going to have my prizes ready in time for the contest to end...but that isn't going to stop the contest! So...

THE CONTEST IS NOW OPEN!!!!!

TYPE OF CONTEST: New Years picture/short story contest
WHAT TO DO: You can either:
TAKE A PICTURE of something that reminds you of New Years Day. Please note that a doll MUST BE INCLUDED in this picture, whether it's an AG doll or another kind of doll.
If you send me this picture to me in an email, write WHY this picture represents New Years Day to you.
If you post the picture on your blog, please comment on this post/another post I've done and give me the link to the post the picture is in.

WRITE A SHORT STORY about your dolls on New Years Day. What activities are they doing? Are they having fun? It can be anything, but it must be about one or more of your dolls.
If you send your story to me in an email, only include the text of the short story, NOT anything else.
If you post the short story on your blog, comment on this post/another post I've done and give me the link to the post the short story is in.

PRIZES*:
Not completely figured out yet, but here is the basic idea:
3RD PRIZE: necklace for AG doll with yellow crotcheted flower at the end. Picture will be posted soon.
2ND PRIZE: either a scarf for an AG doll or a skirt for an AG doll
1ST PRIZE: see above.

*Please note that ALL PRIZES will be handmade by me. I will try to post pictures of the necklace soon, as I already made it. Which do you guys think is a better prize: a scarf or a skirt? Please comment and answer.

DEADLINE: Please have your entry in by midnight on DECEMBER 31ST. This gives you two weeks exactly to do this. Please not that deadline will be extended if less than three people enter.

ALSO: You MIGHT, I repeat MIGHT, be able to choose your colors for the scarf or skirt. If you don't like the colors of 3rd prize, I will definitely be able to remake that in different colors. I will name the colors I have later.

Bye! Please enter!

-Doodledog

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I think a skirt is a better prize. Hannah

P.S. Will probably enter this great contest later.